Paleo Powdered Hot Cocoa Mix
Simplify your dinner prep with tasty, nourishing soups! My short, practical ebook is filled with my family’s favorite one-pot, gluten-free, real-food soup recipes.
Get your copy of Nourishing Soups today!
For years, the perfect paleo powdered hot cocoa mix eluded me. Until I discovered coconut milk powder! This was the missing ingredient that adds just the right amount of creaminess sans dairy.
Paleo powdered hot cocoa mix, two ways
By the time this hot cocoa mix came along, we were milking our own goats and I’d added goat milk back into my diet. This means I now have options! And so do you.
Need to be paleo? You’ll love this paleo powdered hot cocoa mix. Simply blend, store in a jar, and add two to three tablespoons per mug of hot water.
Don’t need to be paleo? Simply omit the coconut milk powder from the recipe and add two to three tablespoons per mug of hot milk.
Either way, this recipe is a winner. I keep a jar of each on hand–one with coconut milk powder and one without.
Don’t forget the whipped cream! To keep your hot cocoa paleo, simply scoop out the coconut cream from a can of coconut milk and add a generous dollop to your mug.
Did you know that coconut cream is now available in a can, without the milk? It’s slightly pricey but I love the convenience.
Gifting paleo powdered hot cocoa mix
Oh, and this hot cocoa mix makes a great gift! Fill a cute jar with mix, add a fun spoon or maybe even a mug, and a handwritten label with instructions.
If you really love your gift recipient, you might also consider adding these homemade marshmallows. It’s great fun to add a heap of tiny homemade marshmallows to your hot cocoa. One large square per cup works well, too.
More DIY gift ideas:
- How to Make Beeswax Candles
- Homemade Herbal Seasoning Salt
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- DIY Hard Lotion Bars
- Scoopable DIY Sugar Scrub
What a treat! I hope you have fun with this paleo powdered hot cocoa mix.Print
The perfect powdered hot cocoa mix with just the right touch of creaminess…make it with or without dairy!
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk powder
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides. You may also want to give the blender canister a few shakes (while it’s powered off!) or even use a long-handled tool to dislodge the mix from the bottom of the blender and blend again.
- Alternatively, you can mix well in a bowl or add to a large jar and shake well. I’ve tried all these methods and prefer the blender to create smooth, evenly mixed results.
- Funnel into a storage jar with tight-fitting lid and store indefinitely.
- To serve, add 2-3 tablespoons mix per mug of hot water.
- Makes almost 2 cups of powdered mix and 10-14 servings of hot cocoa.
- If you don’t need to avoid dairy, just omit the coconut milk powder. To serve, add 2-3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix per mug of hot milk.
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.