Homemade Herbal Seasoning Salt
Use this homemade herbal seasoning salt to add flavor to meat, salads, salad dressings, soups, sandwiches and more. A friend of mine even likes it on scrambled eggs!
I keep this seasoning salt on hand at all times, storing it in glass jars with my spices.
We always double or triple the recipe. This is a great job for kids, by the way, with a bit of supervision.
When you mix up your own seasoning salts, you get to choose the ingredients (and leave out the yucky stuff, like MSG). I prefer to use unrefined sea salt, which actually benefits the body (as opposed to regular table salt, which does not). I also recommend sourcing organic dried herbs. You might even decide to grow a few herbs yourself!Print
- 1 cup unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Store in a glass jar in a cool, dry place.
Gifting Homemade Herbal Seasoning Salt
This homemade seasoning salt makes a great gift, too! Here are a few tips for gift-giving.
- A triple recipe fills about six 4-oz. shaker jars or eleven 3-oz. shakers.
- For the tripled recipe, you will use almost one full 26-oz. bag of Real Salt.
- Include a printed recipe or two, like my Whole Chicken in the Crockpot and Slow Cooker Roast Beef.
What’s your favorite way to season meats?
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.