Paleo Sausage Gravy over Crispy Potatoes
Simplify your dinner prep with tasty, nourishing soups! My short, practical ebook is filled with my family’s favorite one-pot, gluten-free, real-food soup recipes.
Get your copy of Nourishing Soups today!
Paleo sausage gravy over crispy potatoes is a delicious, hearty breakfast made without grains or dairy. It’s a crowd-pleaser at my house and I’m sure it will quickly join your list of best-loved breakfast recipes, too.
How to make paleo sausage gravy over crispy potatoes
Crispy potatoes are everything, so resist the urge to serve them undercooked. It’s worth the extra time to make sure the outsides are crispy!
If your ground pork comes seasoned, there’s no need to add the sage, rosemary, or garlic. But if you start with completely naked pork, those seasonings can add a nice flavor.
When it comes to the milk in this recipe, you can use whatever you have on hand. We’ve tried it with coconut milk and also with our homegrown goat milk. Both worked well!
More hearty breakfast recipes:
- Soaked oatmeal with blueberries and almond butter
- Hearty sausage egg muffins with greens
- Paleo plantain breakfast cake
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (optional, if pork is unseasoned)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional, if pork is unseasoned)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional, if pork is unseasoned)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fat of choice (if needed)
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 1/2–3 cups milk of choice
- 8–10 medium white or yellow potatoes, diced
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet or pot. Add herbs and garlic while cooking, if using.
- While the sausage browns, chop the potatoes and start them cooking in hot oil or fat in a large skillet.
- Remove cooked sausage from the first skillet and set aside.
- If necessary, add a bit of fat to the sausage skillet, aiming for about 3 TB total.
- Cooking over low to medium heat, whisk in the almond and tapioca flours. Immediately add the milk, slowly whisking until all milk is incorporated.
- Add sausage back to the gravy skillet and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over the crispy, diced potatoes.
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.