- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (optional, if pork is unseasoned)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional, if pork is unseasoned)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional, if pork is unseasoned)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fat of choice (if needed)
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 1/2–3 cups milk of choice
- 8–10 medium white or yellow potatoes, diced
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet or pot. Add herbs and garlic while cooking, if using.
- While the sausage browns, chop the potatoes and start them cooking in hot oil or fat in a large skillet.
- Remove cooked sausage from the first skillet and set aside.
- If necessary, add a bit of fat to the sausage skillet, aiming for about 3 TB total.
- Cooking over low to medium heat, whisk in the almond and tapioca flours. Immediately add the milk, slowly whisking until all milk is incorporated.
- Add sausage back to the gravy skillet and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over the crispy, diced potatoes.