The perfect powdered hot cocoa mix with just the right touch of creaminess…make it with or without dairy!
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk powder
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides. You may also want to give the blender canister a few shakes (while it’s powered off!) or even use a long-handled tool to dislodge the mix from the bottom of the blender and blend again.
- Alternatively, you can mix well in a bowl or add to a large jar and shake well. I’ve tried all these methods and prefer the blender to create smooth, evenly mixed results.
- Funnel into a storage jar with tight-fitting lid and store indefinitely.
- To serve, add 2-3 tablespoons mix per mug of hot water.
- Makes almost 2 cups of powdered mix and 10-14 servings of hot cocoa.
- If you don’t need to avoid dairy, just omit the coconut milk powder. To serve, add 2-3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix per mug of hot milk.
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.