Honey Sweetened Lemon Curd
Simplify your dinner prep with tasty, nourishing soups! My short, practical ebook is filled with my family’s favorite one-pot, gluten-free, real-food soup recipes.
Get your copy of Nourishing Soups today!
When life gives you lemons, make this paleo-friendly, honey-sweetened lemon curd!
We inherited a potted lemon tree from a friend, who had received it from a random Facebook acquaintance. The original owner was moving out of state and couldn’t take it. I’m still not exactly sure why my friend took it and then rehomed it with us, but I’m not complaining!
I had absolutely no idea what I was doing with an indoor citrus tree, but it seems happy. We keep it indoors during the winter and move it outside on the deck when temperatures warm up in the spring. Every December we get 10-15 beautiful, fragrant lemons with thin skin and a sweet taste which leads me to believe they are Meyer lemons.
Every winter, I absolutely love turning our homegrown lemons into this honey-sweetened lemon curd.
How to make honey-sweetened lemon curd
The process is pretty simple: simply combine lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, coconut oil, honey, and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat over low, whisking constantly. Then strain and pour into jars.
I’ve kept homemade lemon curd in the fridge for several weeks and even up to a month. It also freezes well.
9 ways to use honey-sweetened lemon curd
I love my lemon curd with dark chocolate: it’s a match made in heaven!
- Serve it with my favorite nut butter brownies
- Add a dollop to paleo chocolate pie
- Or just enjoy it with a square of dark chocolate
You can also turn it into:
- tart/pie – use this crust and fill it with lemon curd
- mini-tarts – same as above, but use muffin or mini-muffin tins
- fill crepes with lemon curd and sliced berries
- layer with whipped coconut cream and easy almond flour shortbreads or crunchy granola
- use it to frost these real deal paleo “sugar” cookies, or make lemon curd sandwich cookies
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or unsalted butter)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt (see notes)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat on low, whisking constantly until all ingredients are combined and have thickened slightly.
- Strain mixture and pour into jars.
- Refrigerate or freeze and use as needed!
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.