Roasted Bone Marrow Spread with Herbs
Simplify your dinner prep with tasty, nourishing soups! My short, practical ebook is filled with my family’s favorite one-pot, gluten-free, real-food soup recipes.
Get your copy of Nourishing Soups today!
If you’ve never tasted roasted bone marrow, you are missing out! And this roasted bone marrow spread with herbs just takes it to the next level. So fancy! So delicious! And so EASY to make.
How to make roasted bone marrow spread with herbs
This roasted bone marrow spread with herbs is really more of a loose guide than an actual recipe. Basically, you will roast marrow bones and then whip the roasted marrow with salt, pepper, and herbs.
Of course, you can spread roasted bone marrow directly onto your bread or veggies without whipping or seasoning it. But this extra step makes the marrow a bit more presentable, which can be a nice touch for anyone who might feel squeamish about eating it straight from the roasted bone.
Furthermore, the whipped spread looks fancy and serves as the perfect presentation for dinner guests and special occasions.
Where to find marrow bones
We raise our own grass-fed beef, which gives me easy access to plenty of marrow bones. In the absence of homegrown beef bones, I recommend sourcing them from a local farm.
Need suggestions for finding a good, local farm? I have tips for you here: How to Find Local Pastured Meat.Print
- marrow bones, beef
- unrefined sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- dried or fresh thyme, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Stand marrow bones in a roasting pan and roast for 20-25 minutes, until soft and jiggly.
- Remove bones from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- When bones are cool enough to handle, scoop out marrow into a deep bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme to taste and whip until well mixed.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge and use as needed.
- Use this delicious bone marrow spread like butter: spread it on crusty sourdough, toss veggies for roasting, add a dollop to grilled steaks, etc.
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.