The Perfect Sugar Scrub in 3 Easy Steps
Get your free copy of 100+ Amazing Diffuser Recipes today!
No matter what life brings your way, there's a diffuser blend for that! My short, practical ebook is packed with 100+ recipes to diffuse for immune support, sleep & relaxation, energy & good mood, focus & concentration, holiday & seasonal aromas, and more!
UPDATE: Y’all, I love this perfect sugar scrub so much that I’ve improved it even more…and I made a little video to tell you all about it! Guess what: My new and improved scrub recipe is super scoopable! Insert happy dance.
Everyone loves a good sugar scrub.
Even nine-year-old boys, apparently. Older Bro has completely taken over any and all jars of sugar scrub placed in our shared upstairs bathroom. I guess boys like a little pampering, too!
Sugar Scrub is a fantastic trick to keep up your sleeve.
- Last minute gift for mom, teachers, a friend? Sugar Scrub.
- Rough, dry skin on your hands or feet? Sugar Scrub.
- Grubby, dirty gardener’s hands? Sugar Scrub.
- Paint all over your hands after a painting project? Sugar Scrub.
- Grease or sap or other hard-to-remove gunk on those hands? Sugar Scrub.
You know what the best part is? It’s so easy to make.
I like to make a large batch of The Perfect Sugar Scrub and keep a few jars on hand for last minute gifts. Or for when my nine-year-old uses up all my sugar scrub in the bathroom….
Note: this recipe for The Perfect Sugar Scrub calls for coconut oil and white sugar, but other carrier oils or exfoliants can be used as well.
- Carrier oils: almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, etc.
- Exfoliants: brown sugar, sea salt, ground oats, etc.
This easy DIY sugar scrub makes a wonderful gift for just about anyone with skin.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 8–10 drops essential oil
- 4-oz. glass jar
- Melt coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
- In a non-plastic bowl, mix melted oil, sugar and essential oil with a stainless steel spoon until well combined.
- Spoon into container.
Pssst! If you’re concerned about the products that go on your skin (and your family’s skin), you’re gonna love my Nontoxic Body Care Guide. It’s got all the nontoxic body care products my own family uses every day, all in one easy place. Get the guide here.
Don’t forget to check out the quick video of my tweaked sugar scrub recipe…it’s scoopable! Click here to watch the video.
Essential oil options for the Perfect Sugar Scrub
The sky’s the limit when it comes to choosing essential oils for your sugar scrub. It really depends on personal preferences, but the list below is a good place to start.
- Lemon – Especially nice for keeping near the kitchen sink.
- Wild Orange – Everyone loves Wild Orange!
- Ginger + Lime – A popular combo.
- Peppermint – Cooling and refreshing; perfect for foot scrub.
- Rosemary + Peppermint – Lovely combo for a gardener’s hand scrub.
- Lavender – Calming, especially for bedtime.
Who in your life would love a jar of The Perfect Sugar Scrub?
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.