28 Ways to Use Peppermint Oil
No matter what life brings your way, there's a diffuser blend for that! My short, practical ebook is packed with 100+ recipes to diffuse for immune support, sleep & relaxation, energy & good mood, focus & concentration, holiday & seasonal aromas, and more!
Get your free copy of 100+ Amazing Diffuser Recipes today!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
See my full disclosure here.
From tummy troubles to bug spray to respiratory support and so much more, Peppermint is definitely one of the oils you want to keep on hand in your natural health care cabinet. Today I’m excited to share with you 28 ways to use Peppermint oil!
Peppermint is one amazingly multi-tasking essential oil, which is why it’s considered one of the top ten oils. With this one oil, you can handle a whole bunch of common household concerns.
Click here for my favorite way to purchase Peppermint oil.
Note: Peppermint oil packs quite a punch, especially when it gets in your eye! If you do get Peppermint oil in your eye, it will be an experience you’ll never forget! I do not recommend it. Always use caution when applying Peppermint to the head or face.
Here are 28 awesome ways to reap the benefits of this amazing essential oil…
28 Ways to Use Peppermint Oil
1. Spring Survival Roller Blend: Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint & a carrier oil in a roller bottle. Instructions here.
2. Spring Survival Water Bottle Blend: Add 1 drop each of Lavender, Lemon, & Peppermint to a glass or bottle of water and sip throughout the day.
3. Easy Garden Spray: Peppermint in a spray bottle of water helps to ward off garden pests. Instructions here.
4. Cooling Spray: Peppermint with witch hazel, vodka, or water is super refreshing to overheated bodies. Instructions here.
5. DIY Bug Spray: Peppermint repels gnats and other annoying insects. Combine it with other oils for increased efficacy against multiple pests. Instructions here.
6. Too Much Sun Spray: Peppermint and Lavender help to soothe skin after exposure to too much sun. Instructions here.
7. Holiday Diffuser Blends: Peppermint combines well with other mints, firs, citrus, and more to fill your house with holiday aromas. Free printable list here.
8. Respiratory Support: Peppermint helps to keep the airways open. Instructions here.
9. Winter Diffuser Blends: After the holidays, try a few of these diffuser blends to kick your new year into gear. #2 on the list includes Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Wild Orange.
Around the House:
10. DIY Air Freshener: One of my favorite room spray recipes calls for Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Lavender. Recipe here.
11. Homemade Ant Spray: I hope you don’t need it, but if you ever need to get rid of ants naturally, try this DIY spray with Peppermint, Cinnamon, Clove, Lemon, and castile soap.
Moods & Emotions:
12. Focus & Concentration: Peppermint is well known for promoting clear thinking, focus, and concentration. Diffuse it or dilute and apply to the back of the neck. Combines well with Wild Orange, as well as other essential oils listed here.
13. Alertness: Diffuse with Wintergreen or Spearmint.
14. Energy: Place 1 drop in the palm of your hand, then rub hands together and cup and inhale. Dilute and apply with Wild Orange & Frankincense to the back of the neck. Diffuse with citrus or fir oils.
15. Digestive support: Dilute and apply to the stomach. Drink 1 drop in a glass of water.
16. Head tension: Dilute and apply to the temples, forehead, behind ears, and back of the neck. More details here.
17. Homemade mouthwash: Peppermint is great for oral health. Combine with Cinnamon, Clove, Spearmint, and/or Melaleuca for a DIY mouthwash. Recipe here.
18. Muscles & joints: Dilute and massage into areas of concern.
19. Sinus support: This “steaming mug of death” helps to keep your sinuses healthy and your lungs clear.
20. Soothe itchy skin: Dilute and apply or mix with water and spray onto irritated skin.
21. Airplane travel: Take Peppermint along on your next flight to help anxious flyers (like me), keep your body cool, freshen breath, and calm stomach upset. Check out this Survival Kit for Anxious Flyers.
22. Flavor boost: Add 1 drop to coffee, homemade mint chip ice cream, brownies, and more.
23. Decrease milk supply: dilute and apply to breasts.
24. Exercise performance: drink 1-2 drops in a glass of water, rub onto temples and back of neck.
25. Fresh breath: Add 1 drop to a glass of water and sip, or (if you’re brave), place 1 drop on your tongue.
26. Personal inhaler: Keep Peppermint handy for clear breathing, mood support, energy & alertness, and upset tummies.
27. Road trips: Diffuse in the car to prevent motion sickness, keep the driver alert, and maintain fresh smelling air.
28. Chicken coop: Spray Peppermint in and around the chicken coop to repel flies. More details here.
BONUS: More Ways to Use Peppermint Oil
Check out these two videos for more ways to use Peppermint oil…
What would you add to my list of favorite ways to use Peppermint oil? How do you use Peppermint at your house?
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.
I like 2 mix a couple drops of peppermint and a couple drops of orange in my hands..rub together and inhale to wake me up and give me morning energy and clarity.
Yes! Love that combo.