Simple Slow Cooker Roast Beef
The method for this Slow Cooker Roast Beef is super simple, and yields tasty, tender meat.
Tip: After enjoying your slow cooker roast beef, use the leftover meat to make this delicious Paleo Beef & Veggie Soup with Sweet Potato. In fact, for my family of five, I often prepare two roasts in order to have plenty of leftovers for soup.
And don’t skip the searing step! I’ve found this to be key for tender meat bursting with flavor.Print
A deliciously simple way to slow cook a beef roast. Tip: After enjoying your roast, use the leftover meat to make this delicious Paleo Beef & Veggie Soup with Sweet Potato.
- Heat a large skillet (I prefer cast iron) over medium heat and add 1-2 TB coconut oil.
- Sear a large roast (about 4 lbs) by browning for a few minutes on each side.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker.
- Pour about ½ cup red wine over the meat.
- Pour about ½ cup balsamic vinegar over the meat.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt to cover the roast, lifting it a bit to cover the underside.
- Add 1-2 cups water or broth.
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- Serve with Mashed Faux-tatoes, roasted carrots, or other simply prepared veggies.
Sign up NOW for my best tips delivered weekly to your inbox!
You’ll also get instant access to my library of free ebooks and resources.