The perfect make-ahead dish to wow guests (or your own family) for a special breakfast or brunch. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo-friendly.
- Toast or bake sliced bread until lightly toasted. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Add eggs, yolks, milks, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Layer the toasted bread cubes and blueberries in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and berries. Push the bread down into the custard. If necessary, gently add a bit more almond or coconut milk, or even another egg (beat it first).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 8 hours or overnight.
- Fill a large roasting pan with about one inch of water, then place the 9 x 13 dish in the pan of water.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and cut a few holes for venting.
- Bake 30 minutes at 325, then remove foil and bake 40 minutes more.
To make this recipe completely Paleo, just be sure to use Paleo bread (like this almond butter bread).