Savory croutons are the perfect use for the end of a sourdough loaf that’s gone stale. I love to serve them with homemade soup, but they also work well with a green salad or even as a stand-alone snack.
- Stale sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop stale sourdough into 1-inch cubes. Don’t worry if your cubes aren’t square! Just call them “rustic croutons”.
- Toss cubes with a bit of olive oil and Italian seasoning.
- Spread seasoned cubes on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F approximately 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and eat them SOON as they’ll become super crunchy.