With a combination of shredded Parmesan, herbs, and seasonings, plus the naturally sweet nuttiness of acorn squash, this delicious recipe might convert even your pickiest eaters into squash lovers.
- 1 medium acorn squash, or 2 small
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the acorn squash in half from stem to tip and remove seeds. Save seeds to make pepitas.
- Slice each squash half into 1/2 inch thick slices and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup, combine remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Using a small spoon or your fingers, spread the Parmesan mixture on one side of each squash slice.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until the squash is tender and the topping is slightly browned.
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.