Sweet potato fans, you’re going to love these sweet potato crispies! Perfect for topping Paleo chili, taco meat, soup, salad, scrambled eggs, fish tacos, breakfast tacos, and more. Yum!
- Choose 1 small to medium sweet potato per person.
- Shred sweet potatoes in the food processor. No need to peel, especially for organic or homegrown potatoes.
- Optional (recommended for oven baking): toss shredded sweet potatoes with a bit of melted coconut oil and season with unrefined sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Dry in a dehydrator at approximately 135 degrees for about 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Alternatively, bake in the oven on a rimmed cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, flipping once and removing browned crispies from around the edge.
- Click here to shopmy favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.
- When dried in the dehydrator, I store sweet potato crispies in an air tight jar or container in the pantry and serve them at room temperature. When baked in the oven, I tend to store sweet potato crispies in the fridge and reheat before serving.
- We like them both ways. It all depends on what’s going on in my oven or dehydrator, and on how much time I want to spend babysitting these crispies. The dehydrator is totally hands-off. Oven-baking requires more attention to prevent burning.