- peaches, about 1.5 pound per pint or 2-3 pounds per quart
- Prepare a hot water bath canner, plus jars, lids and rings.
- Prepare a honey water solution: Bring 9 cups of water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and add 1 cup honey.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits and mushy spots.
- Prepare a large bowl or pot of ice water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add peach halves and blanch briefly (30 seconds), then use a slotted spoon to transfer peaches to ice water bath.
- Remove cooled peach halves to a thick towel to drain and remove skins.
- Fill clean jars with peach halves.
- Add honey water to each jar, allowing 1/2 inch head space.
- Process pints for 20 minutes and quarts for 25 in a boiling water bath.