- 1 3/4 cups almond flour (be sure to use this brand)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grass fed gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 5 tablespoons palm shortening
- 3 tablespoons local raw honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add almond flour, cacao powder, coconut flour, gelatin, and salt to a food processor. Pulse in palm shortening, then honey. Continue to pulse into a ball of dough forms.
- Press the dough into a 9.5 inch pie plate. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Bake 12 minutes, until crust rises and edges brown lightly. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add coconut milk to a medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the top. Leave it to bloom for about 10 minutes.
- While the gelatin softens, whisk egg yolks, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. I like to use a 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- When the gelatin has softened, place the saucepan over medium heat. Whisking constantly, heat milk until well warmed. When milk and gelatin are well combined and milk is warm, slowly pour about 1/2 cup warm milk into egg mixture, whisking egg mixture constantly. Then slowly pour the egg mixture into the saucepan, constantly whisking milk.
- Whisk thoroughly, then add chocolate chips, cacao powder, and salt. Whisk well. Allow mixture to reach a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally. When it reaches a simmer, continue to whisk 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into the completely cooled pie crust.
- Chill in refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight, to allow filling to set.
- Serve with dairy-free whipped cream.
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.