- 1 can chilled coconut milk (full fat)
- If possible, place can of coconut milk in the fridge to chill for several hours or overnight. Tip: I like to keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge at all times, just in case!
- Remove the solid coconut cream from the top of the can, placing it in a bowl. Save the leftover coconut water for smoothies or popsicles, etc.
- Whisk the coconut cream until thickened and peaks form.
- Optional: add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 drop vanilla stevia or 1/2 teaspoon honey (or to taste) and whisk to incorporate.
- I have used egg beaters, a manual whisk, and the whisk attachment on my handheld immersion blender. The immersion blender whisk is definitely my favorite! For whisking coconut cream with the immersion blender whisk, I prefer a 2-cup Pyrex glass measuring cup.
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.