- 2 pounds radishes (without tops & roots)
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sea salt
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.25 cups vinegar
- 3/4 cup raw local honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- Thinly slice radishes with mandoline slicer.
- Add sliced radishes to large glass or stainless steel bowl with 2.5 cups water and 2 tablespoons salt. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Sterilize 6-8 half pint canning jars.
- Drain radishes and rinse, then set aside.
- Combine 1.5 cup water, vinegar, honey, red wine vinegar, and peppercorns in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Pack radishes into hot, clean half pint jars.
- Add hot vinegar mixture, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Make sure some peppercorns get into each jar.
- Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
- Discard any leftover vinegar mixture. I recommend tossing it in the compost pile!
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL