- 5–6 cups apples, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scant cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, chopped
- Add apple slices to a large bowl and toss with lemon juice as you work, to prevent browning.
- Add salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coconut sugar to the apples and toss to combine.
- Transfer apple mixture to a labeled, one-gallon freezer bag. Add chopped butter and shake to distribute.
- Freeze for future use.
- To bake, thaw apples and add to a pie crust. Bake approximately one hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Click here to shop my favorite kitchen tools and real food ingredients.
- Click here to save 15% off my favorite, healthy brand of salt. Use code KEEPITREAL.