- 3 green plantains
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped or about 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1–2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced or about 1 cup frozen diced red peppers
- optional: 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2–3 tablespoons tamari sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Slice off both ends of each plantain. Cut the skin lengthwise and peel.
- Cut each plantain in half, into two shorter sections.
- Spiralize the plantains.
- Chop the plantain noodles until they resemble rice. This can be done with a food processor or a knife.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (or a wok, if you have one) over medium heat.
- Add coconut oil to the pan.
- Add onions and cook until starting to brown.
- Add zucchini and peppers. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add frozen peas and stir.
- Add plantain “rice” and cook for several minutes.
- Stir in the whisked eggs. Cook, stirring frequently.
- When the eggs are cooked, remove from the heat and add tamari or aminos and fish sauce.
- Stir and serve.