Make this simple and delicious Paleo Peach Cobbler with fresh summer peaches, and tuck extra filling in the freezer for future cobblers!
- 5 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot (or tapioca) flour
- dash unrefined sea salt
- scant 2 cups blanched almond flour (or 1 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- scant 1/2 cup arrowroot (or tapioca) flour (or 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- scant 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- scant 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (or 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- scant 2 teaspoons baking powder (or 1 3/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon)
- 4 generous tablespoons coconut oil, softened/almost-melted (or 4 1/2 tablespoons)
- 4 generous tablespoons milk of choice: almond, coconut, dairy (or 4 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9″ pie dish with coconut oil.
- Combine peaches with filling ingredients and mix well. If freezing, add this mixture to a labeled freezer bag. If baking, add the mixture to the pie dish.
- For the topping, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Drop by large spoonful onto the peaches and smooth with the back of the spoon if desired.
- Bake at 375 F for about 30 minutes or until the peaches are bubbly and the topping is nicely browned and set.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream. (For paleo, try coconut vanilla ice cream.)