This naturally sweetened cranberry sauce is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time you have a hankering for a sweet and tangy sauce. Serve the leftovers with any type of meat, layer it on a sandwich, or stir it into yogurt or oatmeal.
- 12 ounces cranberries (1 bag)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest (from 1 orange)
- Combine cranberries, maple syrup, and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in orange zest, and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken even more as it cools.