Keep your wooden spoons and cutting boards in top shape with this simple, DIY spoon butter. It also makes a great gift!
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- 6 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- Make a double boiler with a medium-large pot and a glass measuring cup with a handle. Suspend the measuring cup inside the pot by hooking the handle over the edge. Add water to the pot so that the glass cup is submerged about halfway. It’s important to keep water out of the glass cup.
- Combine ingredients in the glass cup and bring the water in the pot to a boil.
- Stir occasionally as the ingredients melt and combine.
- When the mixture is fully liquified, pour into container(s) of choice and allow to harden for several hours or overnight.
- To use, rub into wooden spoons or cutting boards. Coat all surfaces and rub well. Allow to sit overnight, then wipe off the excess.