After brewing your first batch of continuous brew, you’ll need this feeder concentrate recipe in order to keep your supply going strong. Concentrate takes up less room in the fridge and provides an easy way to add replacement tea to continuous brew. Multiply the recipe to suit your storage needs.
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons tea leaves*
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil, then turn off heat.
- Add 4 tablespoons tea and steep for 20 minutes or so.
- Remove tea and stir in 2 cups sugar until well dissolved.
- Store feeder concentrate in a jar in the fridge.
- To add replacement tea to your continuous brew, combine 3/4 cup concentrate + 3 1/4 cups water and pour into the kombucha vessel.